Our Privacy Commitment
• What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
• Will we share your personal information with third parties?
• What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
• What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
Types of information we collect
Personally identifiable information, or "PII," means information that can be used to identify and contact you. The Service may collect personal information from you including your email address, name, and login information.
We may collect PII when you submit a ‘contact us’ request to receive customer or technical support; participate in Service feedback, questionnaires, surveys, or contests; participate in discussions; when you make a payment to us for the Service, or set up a membership or subscription.
We also collect information that is aggregated and anonymous data, or "Non-PII." This includes demographic information, such as gender and age.
Furthermore, limited personal information, including payment information for processing may be collected through third-parties we've contracted with to ensure that the Service will work cleanly.
Cookies and Other Technical Information
We may also collect other technical information from users of the Service, including their IP address (the set of numbers associated with your computer), device and/or operating system type, access times, and geolocational information.
We would only use this information to collect further Analytical Data to better support and tweak the Service and experience to better meet your tastes and expectations
How We Use Your Information
We may use your PII for all legal purposes, including the following:
• Processing Payments: We use payment information you provide through Stripe in order to continue your access to the Service.
• Managing Customer Relationships: We want to make sure that if you have concerns or additional comments, we can improve our Service.
• Providing a Superior Service: We want to provide you with a superior service. Information about you may be used to help us tailor and further develop our service so we can provide a better product for you.
• Communications: Treadthrill, in connection with user inquiries we may contact you from our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Advertising: We want to make sure that when we have updates or something we think you'd like to know about, we may contact you by email if you've agreed to receive notifications from us. In addition, or place advertising based on de-personalized and aggregated information we've collected
In addition to the above, we may use Non-PII to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you and others like you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
De-Personalizing Your Information
We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable (making it harder or near-impossible to link your information to you) by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information.
You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data we collect on the Service (the “Analytical Data”). We are expressly authorized to make any commercial use of the Analytical Data, including without limitation, sharing the Analytical Data with third parties.
Other Technical Information
We may also collect other technical information from users of the Service, including their IP address (the set of numbers associated with your computer), device/OS type, access times, and geolocational information. We only use this information to collect further Analytical Data to better support and tweak the Service and experience to better meet your tastes and expectations.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, allow them to create accounts, sign up for newsletters, or use the Service. Treadthrill takes children’s privacy seriously and encourages parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. We urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when on-line. If you have any concerns about your child’s personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
How will we share your personal information with third parties?
We will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
• Protection of rights. Treadthrill will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Service, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Treadthrill, its employees, clients, or users of the Service.
• Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Treadthrill's assets or a line of business, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Service, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, Treadthrill will use reasonable means to notify you through a prominent notice on the Service. By sharing your personal information with Treadthrill, you are giving Treadthrill consent to transfer your personal information to a third party in an asset transfer described here.
• Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party vendors or service providers that we engage for the purpose of fulfilling product orders or processing information on our and your behalf. For example, we may partner with other companies to process payments for the Service. Additionally, we may partner with other companies to process, analyze, and/or store data, including, but not limited to, Analytical Data used to tweak and maximize your experience. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information. To the extent applicable, we require these entities to comply with this
Additional Information You Should Know About Third Parties
Please be aware that we cannot control the activities of third parties to whom we provide data. We work on the assurances from third parties that they will adhere to privacy and security procedures that meet the same standards we uphold, but we cannot guarantee, nor do we take responsibility for their actions.
What Choices Do You Have About the Collection and Use of Your Personal Information?
Control of Your Information
Treadthrill allows you to control the way we use personally identifying information that we might obtain. At the time you provide personal information, Treadthrill may give you the option of declining any future offers or information about new products, promotions, or services. In addition, many of the “mailings” Treadthrill may send you, such as newsletters, have procedures within them to cancel the receipt of any future mailings.
You may opt out of any disclosure of personal data to a third party or the use of data for any purpose other than the one for which it was initially collected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide us with the email address associated with your account for the Service and the details of your privacy request.
Treadthrill will retain your data for at least as long as your account with the service has not been terminated. When accessing and updating your email notification preferences, personal information and public information you may have the opportunity to opt-out of certain communications and modify any demographic information you've provided. Please be aware this may take several hours to be reflected.
Upon an event requiring deletion of your account data under law, such as Article 17 of the GDPR, Treadthrill deletes all the above-mentioned data in its possession within a reasonable timeframe. Treadthrill does not verify the correctness of personal data.
In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information, and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We take reasonable steps and appropriate measures to protect data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Please note that some data may be retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Treadthrill's user agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of the Service.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are residents of the state of California to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Furthermore, in compliance with California's Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, users who are residents of California may request, with verification to prove the user's identity:
a) Categories of personal information to be collected and the specific pieces of information at least twice per twelve month period.
b) Deletion of personal information the Treadthrill has collected from the consumer
c) Categories, sources, commercial/business purposes of information collected about that user
d) Categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information
e) Specific pieces of personal information it has collected
f) An opt-out, should Treadthrill decide to sell personal information about the consumer
California residents should note that some requests may be subject to limitations, such as–but not limited to–completing transactions, debugging errors, or complying with a legal obligation. To make such a request as described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU Residents: Your GDPR Rights
The GDPR is a new piece of legislation applying to users residing within the European Union. In compliance with the GDPR, users who are residents of the European Union may request:
a) Access copies of any personal data concerning you, as a user of the service, to be received by you within one month.
b) Corrections of inaccurate data concerning you as a user of the service.
c) Deletion of your data if any of the following apply:
a. You believe we no longer need your information.
b. You've withdrawn consent to process your data.
c. You've objected to automatic processing.
d. You believe processing of your data is unlawful.
e. You have a right under your country's law to have data erased.
f. You were a user of the services when you were 16 years old or younger.
d) Your personal data for your possession or re-use for your own purposes.
e) An objection to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes with grounds on why the user believes the processing would be unlawful.
f) Limitations in the way we use your personal data if any of the following apply:
a. Personal data that was provided to us is incorrect
b. You believe the processing is unlawful and you do not wish to delete your data
c. You believe Treadthrill no longer needs the data
d. You have objected to processing.
g) Rejecting decisions based only on automated processing that produce legal effects concerning them.
The rights above may be subject to certain conditions, such as¬–but not limited to–Treadthrill's need to comply with enforcement of civil law claims; prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal offenses; or the rights of others. EU Residents should notify us of any of these requests at email@example.com.
Personal information collected on the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Treadthrill or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Service, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
EU Dispute Resolution
While we hope that if you're in the EU you enjoy our Service, if you have inquiries or complaints please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 45 days. In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, Treadthrill is committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of your personal information.
What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. To safeguard the confidentiality and security of your PII, we may use industry standard practices and technologies including but not limited to firewalls, encrypted transmission and data encryption of sensitive personal and/or financial information when it is stored to disk. We will protect your information consistent with the principles of the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, and the Federal Records Act.
However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the Service and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
Notification of Changes
Questions? Contact Us